Friday, February 27, 2015

Yay! I was nominated for the Liebster Award!

How exciting to be nominated for the Liebster Award! It is humbling to see that people are reading and enjoying my blog! The Liebster Award is passed from one blogger to another as an awesome way to let you know they enjoy your blog, to share and get to know one another and to welcome people into the blogging community. This award carries no real value per se but I am flattered to receive it because there is no requirement to give it, it is just one person in the blog community 'paying it forward' and showing support for another.  Thank you so much Whitney @ Oh Baby Baby for nominating me!


Make sure to choose bloggers with less than 200 followers & don't forget to notify them!

Here are the questions I was asked:
1.Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging for so many reasons - therapy,  to learn, to remember, to try my hand at writing.

2. What is your favorite food?
Hands down, sushi. Yum! 

3. What was your first job?
Maybe this will explain the answer to #2.  I was 14 and I bussed tables & washed dishes at a Japanese restaurant! 

4. What are you having for dinner tonight?
Ahhh...the bane of my existence...figuring out what to make for dinner! Sweet and sour chicken/veggies/rice.

5. Pick one word to describe your blog? 
Random 

6. If you can go to anyplace in the world on a free vacation for a week, where would you go?
Ireland...British Isles....Ireland ♥ 

7. Who was your favorite teacher?
My oldest daughter, Sadie.  She is not a teacher in the traditional sense of the word but I sure have learned a lot from her.

8. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Hopefully in a bigger house because my children are growing so fast! 

9. Who would you say has been the most influential person in your life?
My beloved, Sean.  He helps me to be a better person.  He is a man of his word and he makes me believe we can achieve anything ♥

10.If you had to be any animal for the rest of your life, what would you pick?
My 9 year old asks me this question all of the time, I would have to say an eagle. 

11. What is your favorite color?
If I must choose, I suppose pink.

11 Random Facts About Me:

1.I love historic houses.  I went to school for historic preservation and this is one of my favorite websites to drool over :-) Circa Old Houses
2.When I was younger I said I wanted to have 5 sons someday.  I ended up with 5 daughters.
3.I love books although I never seem to get a chance to read.
4.My memory is not what it used to be...in fact, it's terrible.
5.I love cars.  My first car was a candy-apple red 1965 Mustang.  It was imperfect but so cool!
6.I used to collect vintage chintz ware china...but that was before kids!
7.I am scared to fly.
8.I love cruising.
9.One of my favorite things ever is to get a pedicure...what a luxury!
10.I live in South Carolina but I am from New York and I am long overdue for a visit.
11.Hydrangeas, peonies and roses make me happy!

Here are my nominees:

Nominees, you are under no obligation to pass on the award.  This is all for fun!  You can pass on the award to just a couple of bloggers if you like.  Do what works for you!

And here are your questions!

1.What do you make for dinner on a busy or "not in the mood to cook" kind of night?
2.What is your most delicious crock-pot meal? 
3.What is your favorite quote? Or piece of advice?
4.How much do you spend a week on groceries?
5.What is your favorite cocktail/mocktail?
6.How/when do you find time to blog?
7.Why do you blog?
8.What is your favorite chick-flick?
9.Would you, or have you ever belonged to a book club? Thoughts?
10.Would you rather be Katniss Everdeen or Elizabeth Bennett...or some other heroine? Why?
11. What is your passion?

By the way...if you are reading this post and feel compelled to answer any of these questions...please do! I would love to hear what you have to say :-)



2 comments:

  1. If pregnant with a girl this time around the name Sadie was at the top of our list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I've always loved the name and it means princess...so what better name for my first daughter! I'm sure you have something just as unique picked out for your first son :-)

      Delete