Wednesday, March 18, 2015

♥My Wedding - I can do this! ~ Part Two ~ Spring♥

Now it's time to take a look at all of the things that make the prospect of a Springtime wedding appealing.  I have to say Spring has some tough competition after looking at Winter's possibilities but I'm going to give it a go anyway.  After all, this is Charleston, South Carolina and this apparently is a wildly popular place to get married.  In the early spring you start seeing the azaleas and pink magnolias blooming and what a sight!  Downtown you see the quaint cobblestone streets lined with palmetto trees and old lamp-posts...it really is picturesque and charming here...there are so many beautiful backdrops for a wedding in any season!  The Pictures below are just a glimpse of how beautiful it is here when things are in bloom.  The picture in the upper left was taken last summer...I think it was July.  It is a picture of the driveway at my Uncle's house, in Whitmire, SC. I love it there, it is beautiful!  The picture on the bottom left was taken in March, two years ago, outside of my (then) office, downtown Charleston.  And the other picture was taken at Magnolia Plantation...very beautiful place with many wedding options but I think out of our league budget-wise.
My "Spring" search yielded many beautiful and inspiring ideas.  I even came across some ideas for a St. Patrick's day wedding which didn't sound like a bad idea!  There are two reasons why that idea sounds appealing to me. One is very personal to me. My father passed away 8 years ago, on the day before St Patrick's day.  Now each year, in an attempt to keep my spirits up around that time, I try to keep my focus on March 17th and either planning to go out with friends or to do something for the kids. It keeps my mind busy and gives me less time to be sad! This year the kids got hot-fudge filled cupcakes. We got the same cupcakes, except ours had Irish cream frosting! That kept me busy :-). Anyway, the second reason a St Patty's wedding sounds like fun is because like the Christmas party idea, people like a party on that day. Two birds, one stone...right?  It would narrow down the menu planning stress too if we decided to make it Irish themed because we could have the bar stocked with Irish beer and whiskey, Bailey's, stuff for Irish coffee, and then we could do Irish fare...bangers and mash, Irish pasties, corned beef or lamb or fish and chips...so many fun ideas to play with!  I'm starting to see a trend...looks like I'm getting the most inspiration out of these two-for one holiday/wedding ideas!

Here are a few things that caught my eye on my hunt for Spring wedding inspiration. Flowers, flowers, flowers...everything is blooming!  And, pink drinks? Lemonade for the kids and Charleston Pink Lady's for me!  I came across the most delicious looking drink: Charleston Pink Lady Cocktail. I might have to whip a few of these up just for sampling purposes :-).

On the dress front, I found that narrowing down the dress choices for this season is easy! For one thing I am very picky, for another I do not have the figure that seemingly 98% of the women modeling wedding dresses have, so only a few fit the bill for me. Of course, lace...the one in this picture is sleeveless with an open back...love! I also really love the pearls and beading that I am seeing in the belts and sashes.  I hope the belted look is as figure flattering as it appears to be because if it is that is the look I would be going for. As for Spring colors, the pinks are subtle and delicate but the purples and mauves! I had never even considered those colors but they are marvelous!  The purples could be worked into a Fall wedding as well if I paired them with cranberry's instead of pinks. The arbor below looks like it might be pretty if set near the beach and it definitely helps narrow down the choice between an outdoor ceremony and a chapel ceremony!  If I were going to go this route, maybe a late afternoon, outdoor ceremony so that I could still incorporate candlelight into the reception decor. The ideas are swimming around in my head, all good things, no pressure...no pressure!!  For now I have resolved to delight in this process and to keep gathering ideas...so far, so good!

I welcome any and all comments that will help me make my decision! Until next time/next post - Part Three-Fall ♥

Sources: All of the images posted on this blog post, with the exception of 'garden pictures' were taken from my Spring Wedding inspiration board on Pinterest.  I put all of the images together in a collage using the PhotoGrid app so that I might get a clearer vision of the elements I would like to include in my wedding.  I am a new blogger and I in no way shape or form wish to take credit for these photos so I will post links to my Pinterest boards so that you can click through and view the blogs or websites that they originated with. This is a learning process for me and I hope I am doing this right but if there is a better way to go about this, I will learn and make corrections as I go!

https://www.pinterest.com/irishgem70/spring-wedding/

The following is a list of some of the sites I visited during my search. Thank you for the inspiration and wish me luck! 







No comments:

Post a Comment