Tuesday, February 24, 2015

♥My Wedding - I can do this! ~ Part One- Winter♥

My dream wedding.

Girls always seem to have a vision for their wedding. They know exactly what they want and have always wanted.  Sure, maybe the vision changes slightly over the years to keep up with the times and current trends but for the most part...they know what they want.  All that is left to do from there is to save up and make it happen.  OK, perhaps I'm oversimplifying a bit.  Of course, sacrifices may come in to play and they may have to tweak things a bit to stay within their set budget but that doesn't stop them from blissfully planning the day of their dreams. 
Four of our daughters at a friend's wedding.  September 2011
Then, there's me.  It makes my head spin really, the whole thing.  That is not to say that having a wedding causes me stress, quite the contrary...I am only doing this once and I want it to be perfect.  The problems with this?  Oh where do I start?  Well, to begin with, I am a Gemini.  That means that I can't make a decision to save my life!  Believe me, it's a very annoying quality.  For example, I want a fall wedding as much as I want a spring wedding, a chapel wedding, an outdoor wedding, daytime wedding as much as I want a candlelit evening wedding, and so on. The next thing, cost...WTH?? Shame on you America...averaging $25K for a 4-6 hour dinner party?  I have seen much better prices for overseas weddings but then you have to factor in the cost of travel which puts it right back up there in price. Then perhaps the most complex issue is my last gripe.  I guess it is more of a modern day complication...children.  He has two, I have two and we have our newest bundle of joy, bringing our total to 5.  All girls, all excited about us getting married, all expecting to be a part of the day with some even expecting to be a part of the ceremony itself.  There are days when I think of just doing a cruise wedding to alleviate some of the planning stress, but add kids, the price goes up - add kids, honeymoon changes to a familymoon, leave kids out....sad kids, sad mommy!  What to do?  Well, so far, the solution has been, nothing.  I have done NOTHING! So, I think what I will do is try out some ideas.  Maybe one will appeal to me more than another and we will finally get somewhere...darn you Pinterest...you are so not helping! :-)


Let's start with Winter

Things I love, love, love about winter and Christmastime weddings.  I love the contrast of White with deep reds, cranberries, tartans/plaids.  It is so stunning!  Also, long-sleeved wedding gowns...with all of my indecision, there is one look I have always loved - I love long-sleeves and lace. It is just so feminine and timeless looking and what better season for long sleeves than winter!  That is a definite bonus in favor of a winter wedding.  The next thing...candles.  There is something so cozy and inviting about candle light on a cold day.  It is obviously even more beautiful in the evening, and if a roaring fire can be worked in there too....that would be awesome! I love the look of evergreen worked into the decor and even the bouquets, not only is it a striking contrast against the red and the white but it also smells heavenly!  I am thinking about plaid...maybe for the cummerbund and for the girls dresses and maybe worked into table decor somehow.  If not plaid, then maybe red or cranberry velvet...and then of course whichever I choose, I will be sure that my shoes match!  Funny, all of this fashion talk coming from me.  I am so not the fashionista...I don't even wear make-up but this is my wedding for crying out loud...exceptions must be made!


Oh my gosh, those cranberry drinks look divine!  And another thing...how cool is it having a pre-Christmas wedding?  I never ever gave it a thought because I thought it would be inconsiderate to expect people to want to attend a wedding so close to such an expensive holiday.  But, now that I think about it, isn't a wedding just a big party?  Don't people love Christmas parties?  I know I do!  And if the venue is decorated for Christmas already, that's a little less work for me, right?  The more I talk about it, the more I love the idea.....hmmmmmm my wedding dreaming is turning out to be kind of fun!

I welcome any and all comments that will help me make my decision! Now time to change gears for my next post...Part Two-Spring ♥

Sources: All of the images posted on this blog post, with the exception of the picture of my children, were taken from my Wedding, Wedding Gown and Winter Wedding inspiration boards on Pinterest.  I put all of the images together in a collage using the PhotoGrid app so that I might get a clearer vision of the elements I would like to include in my wedding.  I am a new blogger and I in no way shape or form wish to take credit for these photos so I will post links to my Pinterest boards so that you can click through and view the blogs or websites that they originated with. This is a learning process for me and I hope I am doing this right but if there is a better way to go about this, I will learn and make corrections as I go!
https://www.pinterest.com/irishgem70/winter-wedding/
https://www.pinterest.com/irishgem70/wedding-ideas/
https://www.pinterest.com/irishgem70/wedding-gowns/

No comments:

Post a Comment